Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A short break and back to work

These are the things that contributed to the two day break -- a friend's visit that's long awaited, an engagement ceremony, an accident to my grand parents and a feeling of burnout. I have gone 42 (wow! what a coincidence) consecutive days reading and learning stuff before breaking on Sunday. I didn't spend the day contemplating, but spent well, talking to Rahul. We bought a bat and played cricket after a very long time, nearly 2 years.

I finished reading Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows just a day before the movie was released, as wished. I enjoyed the book because of my long time association with all the characters. I have started reading Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe. It has been very good. Happy that I am back to reading fiction, I should read some non-fiction as well -- Autobiographies, History, Philosophy etc. are among my favorites. There's no shortage of books and audio books.

Today, I have started reading JavaScript: The Good Parts by Douglas Crockford. I don't remember reading any programming book which expressed syntax and semantics more crisply and clearly in a straightforward way. I have just read the first 4 chapters and it was a breeze probably because I have already read a guide and a book on JavaScript. Looking forward to finish this book before the weekend. I don't mind rereading it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment