Friday, November 26, 2010

Douglas Crockford's JavaScript: The Good Parts

My plan for the week was reading this book. I have read it once, as a comprehension or a story and loved it. I am reading it again slowly while trying out the methodologies promoted in the book, and a good book stays enjoyable no matter how many times you read it. I have also started watching the videos by Crockford on YUI theater.

I have finally started learning touch-typing. I have decided to stop hunting and pecking with my right index finger though I am quite accurate and fast with that. After looking for some typing software, I chose GTypist and KTouch. GTypist has been very good. I am spending an hour or more everyday on this.

Once I feel that I have comprehended the Good Parts book, I will read more about JavaScript and do some small projects. I feel an urge to buy the JavaScript Cookbook, but that's on the back burner for now. Next week, I am going to revisit jQuery and learn as much as possible and make some stuff with it. Making a good, useful jQuery plugin will be a great thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment