Sunday, November 14, 2010

A little more of Lisp and JavaScript

Continuing 'Land of Lisp' from where I left yesterday, there were some more functions to finish the Hunt-the-Wumpus game's program. I haven't finished the chapter yet because I slacked off a bit. I would recreate the game in my flavour to understand it better.

From 'Eloquent JavaScript', I finished the chapters on Regular Expressions very quickly, thanks to the excellent chapter on RegEx in Python by Mark Pilgrim. The next chapter was a crash course on Web Programming. It was a good introduction intended for absolute beginners. It refreshed my knowledge about the web, HTML a bit. And it introduced me for the first time to JavaScript, the client-side scripting languages. All along, I have been learning JavaScript, the programming language. It was disappointing to see that the next chapters haven't been updated since 2007. I will still read.

I have not been making anything these days. It's all been learning. So, I have decided to create something over the next week on GAE and launch. It will be a simple app involving some simple server-side lookup and some client-side effects based on the values returned. I have some ideas but haven't finalised on what it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment