Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Started reading JavaScript Cookbook

I have started reading this book to get up to speed with JavaScript. I have finished the first 5 chapters today which were really basic, after my time with JavaScript over time. Now, I have to pick up more speed and finish this book as soon as possible. The book also deals with the latest technologies introduced with HTML5 which, I hope, is very useful. The first 5 chapters just felt like a revision of the Methods chapter in the GoodParts book. And coming to know about the introduction of map, filter, every etc. in ECMAScript5 through Crockford's video lectures on JavaScript, I was bored with the fifth chapter dealing with Arrays. As a whole, it is a good start and I need to finish the book soon.

I have adopted Jerry Seinfeld's productivity technique "Don't break the chain" and made two sheets to make sure that I keep working towards my goals. I am desperate to be more productive and this is one more attempt at it. I don't understand why I am not spending the whole day learning. I am using about 6 hours a day in learning to code. The remaining time seems to evaporate without me knowing.

The next few days should be spent learning more JavaScript and jQuery. Once I get upto good speed with both, I will make some basic apps on GAE. After feeling comfortable with basic apps, I wish to restart my adventures with Django. All along, I should concentrate on improving my Python skills whenever possible. I just need to get more time out of the day. I don't think I really need breaks during study. I am really feeling down because of all the confusion. I should pick myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment