Friday, December 10, 2010

More reading from JavaScript Cookbook

It's getting tedious now, the book, because of a lot of repetition and too much explanation. It probably has to do with the chapters I have read today - Forms, Debugging and Error Handling, DOM. The debugging chapter was just a bunch of recipes familiarising the reader with development/debugging tools in different browsers. And the DOM chapter was boring because the stuff introduced in the beginning of the chapter is repeated again and again in the recipes. It seems like the books is targeted at absolute beginners.

This is the only thing I am doing now. I need to get more stuff into the day to keep me hustling when this stuff gets boring. I am yet to decide whether I should order a jQuery book or not. I don't even know whether it is wise to get a book on jQuery because any book on the subject becomes more dated everyday and the online documentation is excellent, not to mention the infinite tutorials.

At home, we have been planning to get a puppy lately, mostly a German Shepherd. We need to figure out some issues and take decisions. I could finally do some research about dog breeds, mostly on Wikipedia and AnimalPlanet.

No comments:

Post a Comment