Monday, November 29, 2010

Some old technologies that are not preferred now

CGI, SCGI, FastCGI, mod_python are not the preferred ways of serving web pages now. Modern web development almost always revolves around Web Frameworks. But, after listening to the lecture on the history of JavaScript, I felt an urge to have an understanding of the ways people got things done before understanding the vulnerabilities and arriving at better methods. So, before I jumped into the basics of WSGI, I checked the other server-side options with Python.

I prefer articles explaining theory over how-to kind of tutorials. Having the knowledge of what and why makes the how easy to understand. But, it is not practical all the time, to know all the underlying details. Thanks to Wikipedia which has been my go-to for overview on many things.

Waking up at 5 a.m. in the morning makes the day really longer. Though I had a feeling that I was more productive in the night time, I desperately want to play some game for the sake of playing and also fitness. My current work place at home troubles my concentration and focus in many ways and I need to find a solution quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment