Saturday, November 13, 2010

I ran again, after two years

And it felt good. It was only about 300-400m, but I could feel my whole body after a very long time. After the first round (2km) of walking, I felt like running and thought I could run the whole of the second round, but just after the first 20% or so, I gave up. My heart was pounding crazily and my lungs felt unbearably heavy, I had to stop. I felt amazingly good. I am going to continue this.

I continued reading Land of Lisp. I have done the graph making exercise again with my own example. It was to represent members and relations in a family graphically. Graphviz is an amazing package. You can just create a dot file following some syntax and you can convert these dot files into different graphical formats. What I have done just scrapes the surface and there is a lot beneath it.

I used folds in vim for the first time. It's a great feature. I initially thought it was a part of some plug-in. I need to improve my touch typing too, if I ever want to call myself a programmer. The problem has always been 'dedicating time for typing exercise'. I don't use the SHIFT keys properly and hunt and peck for numbers and special-symbols. This is bad and has to go away soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment