Friday, November 12, 2010

Exploring the Land of Lisp, slowly.

In the chapter that followed, the simple text game that was designed to be played at the clisp console is taken one step ahead. We created a game specific REPL. Many concepts are introduced in the process. The game REPL used it's own read, eval and print functions to do the specific tasks. The author warned about the vulnerabilities that come with read and eval.

The next chapter was very short and it was dedicated for lambda.
LAMBDA: A function so important it deserves it's own chapter
Then, we went beyond basic lists in Chapter 7. Dotted lists, pairs, circular lists, association lists were discussed and then visualising trees and graphs. The book chose the free, open source Graphviz is chosen graph visualizations, which looked pretty interesting. I got it from Ubuntu Software Center. I haven't finished the chapter yet.

It rained in the evening and I couldn't go out for walking. I have been suffering from severe head-aches lately. Is it because of the excessive reading from the bright laptop screen? I think it has something to do with my spectacles which have been bought recently. I will go for a check-up again. Over all, a mixed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment