Saturday, November 27, 2010

Douglas Crockford's Javascript vidoes

I have watched two crockvideos (presentation on JavaScript by Douglus Crockford) yesterday. The first video was about the good stuff in JavaScript. He explained how he stopped worrying about the bad parts and how he started loving it by refining the language to have only good parts. Many of the catch phrases, if I can call them so, form the book were there in this video. Though there is no intentional evangelism, he somehow made me want to learn more JavaScript. Overstating the importance of JavaScript for web is impossible anyway.

The next video was the first of a 5 part series on JavaScript. It was all about the history of the language. The presentation was very interesting despite its length (1hr. 42 min.). He touched upon jacquard looms which led to industrial sabotage in the beginning of the 19th century, punch cards that was used in the early days of computer programming, the mother of all demos by Douglus Engelbart. Then, there was the 'brief history' of programming languages till the invention of JavaScript.

I have printed out the first two chapters from JavaScript Cookbook. Rereading The Good Parts book has been as enjoyable as the first reading.

My brother and I have been planning to go to the indoor stadium in our town to play badminton daily. Badminton is such a good choice to get fit. So, I have bought a cheap Yonex racquet to start playing after a long time. Lately, my productivity has been effected by my sitting posture owing to my chair. I have finally bought a chair which lets me sit upright and comfortable. I have called almost every one of my college friends in the last two days. Everybody is doing well and I wish them all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment