Thursday, December 29, 2011

Back after a long time

No idea why I stopped logging my learning activity here. Luckily, I didn't stop learning altogether. Over the last few months, 7 to be exact, I have worked on real Django, JavaScript applications, two routine webapps and a CMS. I have added a lot to my knowledge and I am sorry now that I didn't keep a record of what I have accumulated in my skill bank.

So, from today, I will be maintaining a developer dairy again. For the last 2 weeks, I have been working on the mobile version of a big website using django_mobile for detecting the user-agent and delivering the appropriate version. The good thing about this project is that I have also taken up the responsibility of styling the website. I am pretty satisfied with the way it is coming up.

Today, I have added PhotoSwipe, which is a good javascript library for showing neat slideshows on mobile devices. Just put your images in anchors and attach photoswipe to the selected anchors. I have fallen in love with LESS CSS. It would have been repeatedly frustrating had I not made the decision to switch to LESS early. Also read about cookies from quirksmode and used the scripts from there to get, set and delete cookies using JavaScript.

No comments:

Post a Comment