Friday, January 14, 2011

Wheels in motion again. Back to snake wrangling

After the dull period of two weeks when everything was so confusing and frustrating, happiness arrived at last and it felt food when it finally did. It was definitely one of the darker times in life and thanks to all loved ones for bearing with me. I still don't know whether it was a feeling of uncertainty or lack of confidence or both, but I am happy that it's over now and happier for the transformations it brought with it.

I haven't stopped learning, reading, I pushed hard. Basic terminology in graph theory, traversal algorithms, basics of PyUnit(unittest) were all gulped down one day. os module took most of the next day when I finally grokked fork and exec. The next day was spent on reading about WSGI again. I feel lost when a framework abstracts away most of the things.

I am going to spend more time on Werkzeug, SQLAlchemy and Flask. I want to contribute to one of Pocoo's projects. Some time was spent on HTML5 and CSS3 too. I need to learn some bash scripting and have fun with some GNU utilities.

I am putting some effort into improving my vocabulary. My goal was to learn five new words and copying a well written paragraph into my notebook everyday. However, over the week, I could do one or two a day. This goal needs to pursued in earnest for it's worth every minute spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment